Give your pets a haven where they can feel safe, comfortable, and relaxed—tucked away from any Halloween hazards.
Candy? Check. Spooky Spotify playlist? Check. Hot dog costume for your Dachshund? Check. There is much to love about Halloween, and for all of us pet owners it can be a fun opportunity to dress pets up.
"From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night." That Scottish saying accurately sums up that time of year when witches, pumpkins, bats and ghosts all make their appearances for the annual fright night that is Halloween. Many pets enjoy being dressed up, or their owners want to include them in the festivities, but store-bought costumes can be expensive. With just a few materials and some imagination, you can make a howling good costume for your four-legged friend. Just don't forget to put safety first and make sure your pet isn't restricted in a way that prevents him from breathing, seeing or hearing. We've scared up five of the easiest and most creative homemade Halloween costume ideas for pets, so sit for a spell and have some brew as we prove that just about anyone can be crafty.
Top 5 Halloween Safety Tips for Vets and Pets | ASPCApro
5 Dangerous Halloween Candies for Pets - Pets Best
“Most often, these calls involve pets accidentally ingesting Halloween candy or décor. Chocolate is one of the most problematic candies as dogs and cats cannot metabolize it as well as people. Thus, it places them at risk for poisoning.”Some people prefer to distribute healthy snacks instead of candy on Halloween, such as mini-boxes of raisins. These are extremely are poisonous to dogs! Very small amounts of raisins (and grapes) can cause kidney failure in dogs and, potentially, cats. When it comes to your pets, raisins deserve the same pet-proofing treatment as chocolate – stored in secure containers far from their reach. Unfortunately, some dogs develop idiosyncratic reactions at any dose – in other words, they can ingest any amount and potentially be poisoned. Therefore, any ingestion of raisins or grapes should be treated as a “poisoning” case. Symptoms include vomiting, nausea, decreased appetite, lethargy, abdominal pain, and severe kidney failure.